Wedding Dance Programs in Mississauga
At Arthur Murray® Franchised Dance Studios, it is our experience that every couple has different needs, preferences and time schedules, but everyone has the ability to be a good dancer with enough time. Wouldn't it be great to have the romance of dancing for the rest of your lives together! We can put something together that is uniquely yours.
If a couple is planning to get married, here are a few tips from the experts on learning to dance for their big day:
- Don't wait until the last minute. Remember that the schedule will get very hectic as the wedding day approaches. Dance instructors recommend starting four to six months earlier to allow more time for practice, especially if our students are newcomers to dancing.
- It's all right if you haven't chosen a song. On your very first lesson, we will introduce you to the main dances most couples use. We can help make suggestions depending on which dance you like and do the best. If you already have a song chosen, bring it with you!
- Be patient when learning. Dancing is a great stress reliever and a fun date night, so don't put too much pressure on each other.
- Don't try to teach your spouse-to-be. You'll both have a lot more fun dancing if you let your instructor do the teaching.
- Practice in the right shoes. Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you'll be wearing on the big day.
- Be consistent with your appointments. The more often you come in, the less review there will be on each lesson. Plan at least once a week to get the most from your lessons.
- Use the classes and practices when possible. Everyone feels most comfortable in a private lesson, but the classes and parties will be closer to what the rest of your reception will be like. Our teachers will be there to help!
Call to Schedule Your First Lesson Today!
Learning to dance for a wedding is a special gift that you and your spouse-to-be can give to each other. A couple who feels confident and poised when they dance together will ensure that their very first dance together as wife and husband will be a memory they will cherish forever. Call today to begin.
Things you may want to know for your first lesson...
- What kind of music will you have at the wedding?
- Will a band or DJ play your first song?
- Will you have mother/son, father/daughter or bridal party dances?
- What is the size of the dance floor at your reception?
- Will your honeymoon have dancing? (Latin/tropical getaway, cruise or other)
- How many other weddings will you attend this year?
Possible First Dances
- Almost Paradise
- Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
- Could I Have this Dance?
- How Sweet It Is to Be Loved by You
- Crazy for You
- Don't Know Much
- Endless Love
- Fields of Gold
- Fly Me to the Moon
- Forever and Ever, Amen
- Groovy Kind of Love
- Have You Really Ever Loved a Woman?
- I Just Called to Say I Love You
- Here and Now
- I Get a Kick Out of You
- I Swear
- I'll Always Love You
- In Your Eyes
- It Had to Be You
- I've Got You under My Skin
- My Girl
- Night and Day
- Our Love Is Here to Stay
- Someone to Watch Over Me
- Stand By Me